Quantum Computer Scientist
At Universal Quantum we are creating the impossible. Together we are creating truly impactful quantum computers. We are looking to hire an AMO physicist with experience calibrating, characterizing and operating ion-trap quantum computers. Passionate about helping create technologies which can change the world? We may be the right place for you so get in touch!
What you’ll accomplish
- Apply previous experience in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics to operate ion-trap quantum computing hardware.
- Troubleshoot hardware-software integration, and develop control protocols for laser cooling, ion shuttling and quantum gates.
- Perform calibration, optimisation and characterization procedures on quantum computing hardware.
- Implementing quantum gates and algorithms on scalable hardware for a broad range of applications.
- Work with a multidisciplinary and experienced team of Software Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Physicists and Quantum Engineers.
- Assist in developing new concepts and develop new technologies for future products.
The most critical attributes we’ll use to compare candidates
- Experience with laser cooling and trapping of ions.
- Experience operating and calibrating optical, RF and microwave control hardware.
- Working knowledge of precision-timed control systems and signal processing.
- Experience implementing quantum gates, quantum algorithms and/or quantum simulations.
- Experience implementing a variety of quantum control protocols on hardware.
- Ability to perform simulation and modelling to inform experiments.
- PhD and ideally postdoc experience.
- 5+ years (degree-inclusive) experience involving precision timing and control of laser and/or microwave technology for atomic physics experiments.
- 5+ years (degree-inclusive) experience trapping ions, characterizing qubits, implementing quantum gates, randomized benchmarking, and/or running algorithms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with published results in field of research.
- Strong organizational skills, and experience working and negotiating with customers and partners.
- Knowledge of surface traps.
- Knowledge of Ytterbium qubits.
- Proficient in Python.
Competitive salary, equity options, competitive pension, private health insurance, and relocation support.