At Universal Quantum we are creating the impossible. Together we are creating truly impactful quantum computers.
You will be responsible for creating the system which will host the quantum computer microchip (no quantum computing experience is required). This will require tight integration of ultra-high vacuum system, cryogenic cooling, precision lasers and proprietary ion trap microchips.
Passionate about helping create technologies which can change the world? We may be the right place for you so get in touch!
- Overall responsibility for the design and implementation of ultra-high vacuum (UHV) and cryogenic cooling systems for quantum computing applications
- Development of structural systems for scalable quantum computers
- Design of mechanical rigs for in-house sub-system tests and experiments
- Lend expertise to interdisciplinary projects requiring mechanical engineering input
- Working with external partners on the design and manufacture of various systems
THE 3 MOST CRITICAL ATTRIBUTES (WE’LL USE TO COMPARE CANDIDATES)
- Experience with reliable mounting mechanisms in a temperature varying environment (thermal, mechanical and electrical, including EMI / EMC best practices), with experience of vibrations and mitigation thereof
- Good understanding of material science
- Experience simulating fluid dynamics for heatsinking
- Deep expertise in mechanical engineering and/or physics
- Proficient in at least one mechanical CAD tool (e.g. Inventor, CATIA, Solidworks)
- Understanding of ultra-high vacuum systems and their design and fabrication
- Experience designing cryogenic cooling applications
- Experience in modelling heat transfer (e.g. using Solidworks, Inventor, COMSOL)
- Experience in the full design flow from gathering product specifications, designing, weigh up risks, improving, error correction through to a finished product
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers to deliver a final product
- Understanding of integrated circuit packaging technologies
Competitive salary, equity options, competitive pension, medical insurance, and relocation support